88 Highgate, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4HA
Webster’s Yard is a unique development set in the centre of the ancient market town of Kendal.
- Webster’s Yard takes its name from the Webster family of architects, famous for designing many buildings in Kendal in the 19th century. Built in 1988, using traditional materials in keeping with its context, it won awards for its architecture and design.
- In 2013 Webster’s Yard was proud winner of First Prize in the Best Yard Category of the Kendal in Bloom Awards.
- Kendal, with its fine views and historic buildings, is often described as the southern gateway to the beautiful Lake District. The town boasts two castles, a wide variety of places to eat and drink and excellent shopping facilities.
- It is of course also home to the famous Kendal Mint Cake, said to have been taken by Sir Edmund Hilary on his conquest of Everest. A former product of the town is a green woollen cloth mentioned in Shakespeare's
- Nearby Levens Hall is an Elizabethan house open to the public. The topiary gardens are reputed to be the oldest in the world.
- Bus stop - 50 metres (55 yards)
- Local shop - 60 metres (66 yards)
- GP surgery - 350 metres (0.22 miles)
- Post office - 450 metres (0.28 miles)
- Town/Shopping centre - 450 metres (0.28 miles)
- 46 Properties
- 22 One Bedroom apartments
- 24 Two Bedroom apartments
- New residents from 55 years of age
- Communal Garden
- 2 Residents' lounges
- Guest suite
- Parking - certain apartments benefit from individual reserved spaces under their lease
- Resident House Manager
- Lift to all floors
- 24 Hour Emergency Call System
- Alarm to call on-site Manager
- Sky Plus available
- Coffee mornings
- Film night
- Fund raising events
- Social evenings
- Tea and chat