What is an accessible website?
An accessible site is one that accommodates the full range of users. Designing for accessibility therefore acknowledges that, for online information, there is:
- No standard information user
- No standard device for browsing information
An accessible website does not exclude anybody due to:
- Their abilities
- The method they choose to access the web
Accessible websites prioritise clear content, structure and ease of navigation, however they need not be visually unattractive, nor are they prevented from using the latest web technologies: provided that all information is still accessible to users.
Commerson recognises and values the provision of information on this website in a format which is accessible to all, regardless of ability or disability.
To ensure that this happens, we have programmed our website following published web standards and accessibility guidelines. The site is developed using valid HTML and cascading style sheets (CSS).
Changing text size
You can use the icons at the top of every web page to change the size of the text that appears on this website.
You may also use your browser settings to change the text size for all the websites that you visit. The technique for doing this is slightly different depending on the browser that you use:
- Google Chrome: Select one of the 'Text Zoom' options in the 'Customise and control Google Chrome' menu
- Internet Explorer 9/10/11: Select 'Settings', then one of the options under 'Zoom'
- Internet Explorer 7/8: Select the 'Page' menu, then one of the options under 'Zoom' or 'Text Size'
- Internet Explorer 6: Select the 'View' menu, and select one of the options under 'Text Size'
- Mozilla Firefox: Select the 'View' menu, then 'Zoom', then one of the options
- Opera: Select the 'View' menu, then one of the 'Zoom' percentage options
- Safari: Select the ‘View’ menu, then in the drop-down menu the ‘Make Text Bigger’ option
Other browsers may also have similar options available. Please consult the documentation provided with your browser if similar options to the ones above are not available.